Friday, January 8, 2010

More Testimonies

December 21,2009

by Taylar




During a health care seminar this week, I noticed an elderly woman peering through her fence and welcomed her into the church. She eventually came and listened intently until the teaching finished.



She turned back to thank us yet another time, and I felt such an urgency to ask her if she knew Jesus. The translator told me that she had asked this woman many, many times if she had wanted to know Jesus, but the old woman was Muslim. I persisted to say, please ask her again.



The translator relented and asked her if she wanted to know Jesus; to the surprise of our translator and everyone around us, she said yes.



January 3, 2010

by Synnove Lie




Some time ago, I had a conversation with a Muslim intern doctor at the hospital about how many kids he wanted. He shared with me that he and his wife had been trying for a long time to get pregnant but nothing had happened. He said that it was the will of Allah, but as I looked into his eyes, it was clear that he wasn’t settled about it.



As I was standing with him I asked God, “What do you want me to say?” …and God whispered; “Proclaim my healing power. Tell your testimony.” And so I did. I told him about my own journey with the questions, the hurt, the loss and the fear I myself had gone through as doctors had diagnosed me with an illness and stated that I wouldn’t be able to get pregnant. I shared my process in dealing with that fact, and at the end I could boldly proclaim God’s healing power that was manifested in my own life during lecture phase in Perth. Supernaturally.

As the intern doctor heard about this, he asked me: “Can you please pray for me and my wife?” And so I did. I felt God putting the words in my mouth, and as I ended I said: “when you and your wife get pregnant, you will know that God did this. And that He was the one that healed you and the one to give glory to”.



After that day the subject never came up again, not until last week where I heard that they are now pregnant. HALLELUJA! I didn’t get to talk with him myself, but I’m curious to have a follow up about our talk and our prayer to see where God will take it.



So what started off to be a random conversation, ended up with being a powerful talk about God!

He works in mysterious ways and nothing is impossible for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment