Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bangkok, Thailand


We are on our way to "Oz" also known as, Australia
I am in the Bangkok airport with my team waiting out the 18 hour layover we have here
When we arrived, the airport gave us all 15 minute internet vouchers
Upstairs we are internet'ing and sippin' coffee while some of the others sleep in chairs downstairs near the gate
The flight from Kenya to Thailand took 9 1/2 hours, just now I am starting to feel the difference and mixed up 'ness of traveling :P

It's nice to sit in air-conditioning again after living without it for 3 1/2 months :)
Not that it was too bad ;) We made it through.
Walking around the airport is strange, everything is so NICE, everything is so pretty and clean and expensive

A soccer match is playing on the telly and I can hear the cheers as I type with my back to the screen..
the game sounds intense!!

I'm thinking of you guys
And feeling so thankful for your love -

We said a tearful goodbye to our friends at the hospital on Friday,
And my heart aches thinking of what we have left behind, because the need is so great for midwives, doctors and nurses
Temeke Hospital, with all of it's challenges, will always be a very special place for me, for all of us -- Many of the skills that we have at this point as midwives, we learned first in that hospital

Please pray for the doctors and midwives of Temeke Hospital who remain here as we go; they are amazing women and men who have dedicated themselves to serving their nation -- God is bring healing, yes, it will come!! Keep praying!!

Much Love, from Thailand, Orissa

PS. Marijah, dearest
I wish you could be here with me in this place because I know you love Thailand and the people here. I have looked outside at the gardens around the airport and think of how nice it would be to walk in them. But we have to stay inside the airport. As I browsed the bookshelf, and looked at Thai cookbooks, I thought of you. As I ate chicken pad thai for dinner, I thought of you. And I am looking very hard for a cool birthday gift xxx love, your sis Ori :)

2 comments:

  1. Back to Australia!! Wonderful!!
    I really enjoy reading your updates, even if I don't comment on all of them, please know that each post touches me.
    Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my Ori! (: I miss you so much! I wish I could be there with you too.

    Sydney and I watched an episode of The Brady Bunch today on tv and I thought of you. Oh sis, I love you!

    I hope you're having a wonderful time. Be where you are with all that you are. (: It is so awesome to see God working in your life. I am continuing to pray for you and your team. Love you very, very much.

    I am so looking forward to seeing you...I can't wait!

    And don't fret about getting me a birthday present! Having you home for a few weeks is more than enough present for me(:

    Love you a big bowl of tomato & basil soup and sourdough bread,
    Marijah
    (;

    ReplyDelete